Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Tile Maker

Started to work on a new hobby project, which I would for the moment don't explain fully as it could end up being a pure vaporware.

To test technologies, learn and possibly open the door to multiple hosting solution later on I thought why not test ASP.NET 5 which should open let us host the project even on Linux.

So far my first impression with ASP.NET 5 is not positive, and I would not recommend it for production soft. But maybe I'm just too used by previous ASP.NET versions to really enjoy the changes.

Beside fighting with ASP.NET which I somehow managed to make what I had in mind, I started to create the first module for my project, a tile maker. I made previously a tile maker for my Ludiculus project which was written fully in JS. This new project uses instead Typescript for the GUI (which here I can say it's really a step forward over JS).

The design of the new tile maker is a lot more structured than the previous one, and already contains more complex features like a Gaussian blur, or a mask / merge function.


My goal is to be able to have a good tile editor for the next step of the project. I'm unsure how good I will be able to be, and quite certainly it will never replace a Photoshop but it may serve its purpose of being something usable for those which don't have any tool.

By the way, the tiles in this screenshot have all been generated via code.

No comments:

Post a Comment