Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2016

File re-organized

It took me about 4 hours to re-organize the front end files, I went from a structure where all the LESS files was in a single directory, all the templates in another and finally the Typescript in a Typescript structure.

While this first structure was good to see all the LESS files in one place and so on, it was clearly a pain while you was working on a single feature like an admin panel you would like to have the template, LESS and logic all in one directory such that it would be easier to work with.

Therefore, I took my time, and loads of patience, and moved things around to reflect my wished layout.



It is now possible to simply browse per feature and find all the needed files. I will still need to edit the main.less file to point to the feature less file, but once this is done, you will work simply with that single directory.

This shows how important it is to organize well your files as it actually has quite an impact on your productivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment