Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Team Foundation Server Update 2

I'm actually astonished by the speed the development team at Microsoft is working and it may actually be more difficult to get the news than actually get an update.

Today while I was a bit browsing one of the MS blog I found this:
https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/news/tfs2015-update2-vs.aspx

Of course I wanted to see it in action, and since our Team Foundation Server (TFS for short) server is now running in a standard way, being part of the domain as well as the DB being part of the domain, I thought it should not be such a big deal to update. And so it was.

I still took the precaution to backup the DB as well as taking a snapshot of the VM running our TFS installation, as last time I installed an update I lost quite some time trying to recover from a bad situation.

Anyhow, this time all the precautions have not been used which is even better. I installed the update and after all its automated work I got the TFS running again with the brand new shiny features up and running. Great job Microsoft!

What's clear is that we must dig a bit more in the Release Management part of TFS to see how we could use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment